Autor Tema: On the Hunting Ground (1984, Tian Zhuangzhuang) [Ch]  (Leído 1788 veces)

Desconectado auess

• Rokkyu
  • Ryos: 0
On the Hunting Ground (1984, Tian Zhuangzhuang) [Ch]
« en: 28 Noviembre, 2005, 14:24:22 »
Título:On the Hunting Ground
Título V.O:Liechang Zhasa
Director:Tian Zhuangzhuang
Año/País:1984 / China
Duración:76 minutos
Género:Drama, Experimental
Reparto:Cinematographer: Hou Yong, Lv Le
Enlaces:Subs · Made in China
Ficha de:auess / scarecrown

Desconectado scarecrown

• Rokudan
« Respuesta #1 en: 28 Noviembre, 2005, 14:52:54 »
Many thanks auess I'm on it :) it seems a real hard movie 0_o

1984 - China - 76 min. - Feature, Color
AMG Rating: **** (High Artistic Quality, High Historical Importance)
Tones: Lurid, Disturbing, Gruesome
Set In: Mongolia
Language: Mongolian (very few even you dont need at all)
Produced by: Inner Mongolia Film Studio

Allmovie: http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:180926
Tian Zhuangzhuang's biography: http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/2246/2005-1-13/90@193093.htm

Tian's portrait of the herdsmen of the Inner Mongolian steppes centres on the ancient code (the zasag) which governs their lives as hunter gatherers. Much of the film could easily pass for documentary, alternating domestic scenes with hunting scenes in which numerous small, furry animals are blasted with shotguns. The very minimal plot concerns a huntsman who infringes the code and is required to do both social and religious penance; the complete absence of explanations has rendered the film opaque to most audiences. But it's clear enough that Tian is (as in Horse Thief) interested in the contrast between living by a code and trangressing it - and it's not much of a stretch to see this as an alienated metaphor for his own generation's faith in, and later rejection of, Maoism.

This docudrama about a dispute in Inner Mongolia between two hunters comes from mainland China, which has regularly been accused of human rights abuses. In this film, animals such as deer are shot through with arrows and torn apart by hunting dogs, their fear and agonizing deaths caught for the camera. The director Zhuangzhuang Tian, scriptwriter Hao Jiang) and others responsible for this film appear to take these killings in stride. With underpar acting thrown into the bargain, there is not much to recommend Liechang Zhasha. — Eleanor Mannikka

This movie had created a huge storm in China, not so much because of the content of the movie, but where it was shot:

The site selected was a provincial natural reserve, which is equivalent to the protected area for endangered/threatened species at the state level. Although it is not at federal/national level, natural reserves like this are still entitled to every status like those national/federal natural reserves, and the only difference was that the majority of the funds are from provincial level, instead of national/federal level.

Under the excuse of economic development, the local officials ignored the environmental protection law and openly breaking the law by allowing the natural reserve to be used in the filming of this movie, so that the local government could make a big buck.

This true story behind the camera resulted in much greater drama in the real life by triggering series of debate, but the question was still left unanswered:

Half of the income paid by the movie company were indeed put into funds for this natural reservation, and the amount is already more than the annual budget. The local government claimed that by doing so, it would make up for the problem of inadequate funding and thus protecting the natural reserve better. However, most people believed that such practice is actually destructive because it ruined the natural environment first, and the rebuild later would never be able to return the natural reserve to its original state.

The dilemma is still lingering in China long after it first appeared by the shooting of this movie and there is still not a perfect answer.

Screenshot:

NOTE: When dutch director Joris Ivens saw "On the Hunting Ground" and "The Horse Thief" many years ago, he said Tian will become the best filmmaker of 20th century, now do you think he is?

Although On the Hunting Ground is not Tian's first film, his "September" (1984) was made a little before but never released, yet On the Hunting Ground is definitely his first groundbreaking film. This is the most horrible yet powerful chinese film I've ever seen, far away from those contemporary 5th generation films' style. It's a truly CRAZY film when I saw the scenes the blood poured down from the deer's mouth and the hunter cut off its head...I really closed my eye.  ahhh This film made a huge debate in china and was banned in a long time, I thought it should be buried underground till everybody forgot it, but the fact is it came out and screened on TV! Just yesterday!! So very lucky I recorded it. :) Warning all killing scenes and characters are real, no fake, no professional actors. Not recommended to everyone. If you are a real animal protector or zoophilist, please avoid this film.

Desconectado Jose. El Luzu

• Hanshi
  • Judan
Re: [FICHA] On the Hunting Ground (1984, Tian Zhuangzhuang)
« Respuesta #2 en: 28 Noviembre, 2005, 14:58:22 »
Thanks auess, ¡que buena pinta tiene esto! Bajando. OK

Desconectado arfonso

• Kyoshi
  • Nidan
« Respuesta #3 en: 28 Noviembre, 2005, 15:24:51 »
Gracias Auess.  :punk:

Desconectado maedhros

• Kyoshi
  • Rokudan
« Respuesta #4 en: 28 Noviembre, 2005, 16:39:46 »
Thanks, auess ;)

Desconectado a2nin3m

• Kyoshi
  • Shodan
    • http://www.a2nin3m.com
« Respuesta #5 en: 28 Noviembre, 2005, 17:33:28 »
Qwjd´ñxzcj bvxc´ñbvj …

Sorry…the tears don’t let me see the screen...

Thanks auess.
 :)

Desconectado auess

• Rokkyu
« Respuesta #6 en: 29 Noviembre, 2005, 06:06:58 »

Here's a ENGLISH script I translated today, I have no time to synchronize its time, so you'd better do it yourself. Only 93 sentences.

Desconectado warzo

• Nyumonsha
Re: On the Hunting Ground (1984, Tian Zhuangzhuang) [Ch]
« Respuesta #7 en: 04 Noviembre, 2009, 13:49:45 »
Saludos!!!!!!, aunque es mi primer mensaje llevo varios años disfrutando del foro.
De esta película hay unos subtítulos traducidos por vespertinum a partir de los de auess:

Desconectado anikiba245

• Renshi
  • Judan
  • Ryos: 12889
« Respuesta #8 en: 04 Noviembre, 2009, 16:28:55 »
Gracias warzo por el trabajo, incluí el enlace en la ficha de arriba, como todavía no lo revisé dejo el enlace ed2k que suministraste, una vez sean revisados, le hacemos la ficha en el subforo de traducciones y obviamente los subimos al foro.

De paso, incluí el enlace de los subs de auess en la ficha, y los quité del mensaje. La idea es que no queden enlaces sueltos.

Desconectado MieMie

• Yodan
  • Ryos: 216
« Respuesta #9 en: 23 Noviembre, 2009, 01:30:10 »
De esta película hay unos subtítulos traducidos por vespertinum a partir de los de auess:

Acabo de mandar al correo de subtítulos una revisión de estos subtítulos, corrigiendo subtítulos de más de 2 líneas, líneas demasiado largas y poco más.

Me he dado cuenta de que lo he mandado como [REV] y aún no tienen ficha.  jajaja

Echadles un vistazo y, si os parece bien, se la hacéis o me lo decís y yo se la hago.  ;)

MieMie.

Desconectado anikiba245

• Renshi
  • Judan
« Respuesta #10 en: 23 Noviembre, 2009, 06:14:57 »

Acabo de mandar al correo de subtítulos una revisión de estos subtítulos, corrigiendo subtítulos de más de 2 líneas, líneas demasiado largas y poco más.

Me he dado cuenta de que lo he mandado como [REV] y aún no tienen ficha.  jajaja

Echadles un vistazo y, si os parece bien, se la hacéis o me lo decís y yo se la hago.  ;)

MieMie.

Ahora me fijo, gracias miemie  OK

Desconectado anikiba245

• Renshi
  • Judan
« Respuesta #11 en: 05 Enero, 2010, 18:25:18 »
Bueno, queda añadida la versión revisada de miemie :Aplauso: de la traducción de vespertinum.

Desconectado MieMie

• Yodan
  • Ryos: 216
Re:On the Hunting Ground (1984, Tian Zhuangzhuang) [Ch]
« Respuesta #12 en: 11 Febrero, 2011, 18:07:42 »
Me he dado cuenta que no había comentado nada sobre esta maravillosa película. Lástima la calidad de la copia, tomada de la televisión, y con una molesta voz sobrepuesta. Pero es lo que hay y vale la pena.

Película en la que podemos admirar la vida cotidiana en Mongolia: la caza, la cocina, el cuidado de las reses, la siega, la ayuda mutua ante una desgracia, las labores comunales, las disputas entre personas, el transcurrir de los días y las estaciones..., todo ello filmado de una manera magistral.

Imprescindible.

MieMie.